Followers

9.23.2008

The Start of Something

I'm sure I don't have to tell you we're living in dire times. This will, no doubt, be a period in American History that we will look back on and say to our grandchilden, "I lived through that." A floundering economy, unwinnable wars, a fear mongering government -- all of that coupled with an apathetic society with little confidence in a political system that has become an international joke. Things aren't lookin' good, America.

So, what do you do? How can you shift the tide and make a difference? Well, that's what I'm trying to find out. After years of political musings kept, for the most part, within a small group of friends, I've taken to the 'net to try and spur on the change I feel this country so desperately needs. Enough bemoaning the world and those in it. Enough shaking heads and rolling eyes. Let's actually do something this time.

I'm using this blog as an outlet for my own political ideas. In it, I'll highlight different issues facing society, and present those changes that I feel need to take place. I know not everyone will agree with me, but that's alright. It's time we stop pandering to each other and start working to improve life for not only Americans, but the world as a whole. The kind of nationalism we've seen displayed across America for the past few years doesn't have a place in contemporary society. The world is too small. Cooperation must be the cornerstone of any foreign policy, because we aren't just in this thing alone anymore. Our actions have ramifications around the world, and we must start being held responsible by others and by ourselves for that.

Above all else though, with this blog, I want to get a reaction. Get mad, get inspired, agree with me, or hate me. I don't care as long as you get engaged in the discussion. Leave me comments -- I want to know what you think. Let's open up the debate to everyone, and learn from each other about the world. Feel free to leave me comments about anything, even if it doesn't pertain to postings. Share links, videos, any source you feel is relevent. Help me change the world.

No comments:

My Zimbio
Top Stories